1x 700ml Jar Shakshuka Sauce
6 x Large Eggs
Handful or 2 of spinach/cooking greens
Coriander/Parsley to garnish
1. Heat a medium to large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add Shakshuka sauce and bring to simmer.
2. Add spinach/cooking greens to sauce and mix to wilt.
3. Using back of a spoon make 6x separate indentations. Carefully Crack 1 egg into each of the indents, season eggs with a little salt and pepper.
4. Sprinkle with Feta (omit for dairy free)
5. Cover skillet with lid and gently simmer until egg whites are cooked but yolks still runny (or to your liking)
6. Remove from heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and/or Parsley to garnish.
7. Enjoy with fresh or toasted bread of your choice
You can get creative and add ingredients to your Shakshuka at step 2. Chorizo, bacon or left over roast lamb etc. Or veges such as zucchini or capsicum. Maybe even some lentils or beans?!
By Chef Tyler Langerveld